Tuesday, September 09, 2008

It's Been Awhile

After a three month hiatus, I am back to post some more thoughts.

a) The Terps suck. Did they really lose to Middle Tennessee State this past weekend? And now they have the Cal Bears coming to town....the same Cal Bear team that just kicked the crap out of Washington State, 66-3.

b) The NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV is one of the greatest inventions of all time. And although, I didn't see this play live:



I did get to watch this (before I dozed off into a sickness induced nap):



c) If you want to read a blog by a real live professional journalist, check out Solomon's Wisdom on the Birmingham (Alabama) News Web site. Jon is a friend of mine from college and because he loves his occupation so much, a sports journalist who has found himself stranded in the middle of Alabama.

d) One of my favorite YouTube clips of all-time (bonus points because it includes the Terps):



e) The Pirates finally got some good news this weekend: The Steelers season has started, which means nobody will notice how god awful they have become....again.

This pretty much sums up the Pirates:

1 comment:

Jill said...

Can we talk about how Tom Brady's season was done before it even started. And the impact that has on fantasy sports. Clearly a top 5 draft pick--done in the first 8 minutes--really through a wrench into some teams' fantasy superbowl hopes.

Aren't you glad you don't have a keeper league since I'm sure you would have kept him. What did you draft him in last year? The 4th round?